I’m a little late at getting to this. Sorry, but here you go -
Highlights of the week:
- my birthday was this past weekend. Likely, the best birthday I’ve had yet. Amanda really went out of her way to make me feel special, and I appreciated that. If you’re married, have you ever had a moment where you said, “Now, I know why I love him/her so much”? It was that type of moment. We had friends over on Saturday, and we had a family dinner at Pizzeria Uno’s on Sunday.
- Eagles are going to the NFC Championship gaming after laying the “smack down” on the Giants.
- my post Why I’m Not Emergent received much acclaim. Emergent Village‘s Twitter-feed was the first to mention it, followed by Baptimergent‘s Twitter-feed. I hope to compile all of this later.
Book(s) I’m reading
- The New Christians: Dispatches from the Emergent Frontier by Tony Jones
- The Art & Craft of Biblical Preaching: A Comprehensive Resource for Today’s Communicators edited by Haddon Robinson and Craig Brian Larson
- Been playing a lot of Rock Band and Rock Band 2. Amanda enjoys it so it’s kinda like we are bonding. I guess, we are.
- NFL Playoffs have been holding my attention, especially since the Eagles are still in it.
Had a good laugh at: Donovan McNabb’s mid-game “phone call” on the Giants’ sideline. I thought it was pretty funny.
Like I said, I thought it was funny. But Troy Aikman didn’t. I find it slightly hypocritical because I seem to remember a certain Dallas Cowboys team that the before-mentioned QB was on where the players danced after every good play. Talk about wondering what “goes through guys’ heads.”
Job update: likely having an interview for an automotive salesperson position. Not sure when, but my aunt is trying to hook me up. Probably, this week or next.
Seminary update: I was chosen to speak first for my homiletics class this Saturday. I will be speaking on Job 28. I guess if you go first, they don’t have anyone to compare you to so that should work out.
Looking forward to:
- Eagles vs. Cardinals in the NFC Championship Game. Go Eagles!
- Eagles the Super Bowl. Yes, book it.
- Paula Abdul to be phased-out from American Idol. Yes, book it. Why do you think there is all-of-a-sudden another female judge? Can American Idol keep 4 judges?
- Spending a night this weekend in downtown Philadelphia with Amanda.