“Peter Gibbons: Let me ask you something. When you come in on Monday, and you’re not feelin’ real well, does anyone ever say to you, ‘Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays’?
Lawrence: No. No, man. [Crap], no, man. I believe you’d get your [butt] kicked sayin’ something like that, man.”
–Office Space (1999)
It’s Monday! I have a paper to write so I’ll be quick.
Highlights of the Week:
1. Giselle has been walking behind a “walking-assist thing” (yes, that’s the technical term). She’ll be “off to the races” soon, I’m sure.
2. Amanda and I spent much of yesterday watching The Office season 2. It was just nice to relax for awhile together.
Books I’m Reading:
I finished Christopher Wright’s Knowing Jesus Through the Old Testament. I really enjoyed it. It was an easy read in the sense that I didn’t want to blow my brains out because I felt like the guy was redundant (which is how I felt with Goldsworthy last week). Wright does well to establish the connection between Jesus and the Old Testament. Jesus is the fulfillment of all of the OT, not just the prophecies/predictions.
Put It on Repeat (what I’ve been listening to):
1. Podcasts – Mars Hills Podcast
2. Lykke Li’s Youth Novels (Special Edition), Sufjan Stevens’ Illionise, Dan in Real Life soundtrack, Franz Ferdinand’s Tonight:Franz Ferdinand, and The Devil Wears Prada’s (not the movie!) Plagues.
Job update: nothing much here.
Seminary update: Still in class with Peter Enns. He’s a really down-to-earth professor, but he’s also really intellectual. I also enjoyed how open he is to ideas that aren’t Reformed (which Enns leans towards).
iPhone app I’m happy about: I’ve been trying to watch what I eat so the “Lose It” application has been really helpful. You put in your height and weight, setup a weight-goal for yourself, how much you want to lose each week, and it tells you how many calories you may have each day. Then, you type in a food, when you ate it, and it will display how many calories it is, etc. As with all apps I buy, it was free.
Looking forward to:
1. The church season of Lent. Amanda and I are trying to figure out what we’ll do for Lent, but, right now, we are planning on attending a special service on Thursday at The Well and doing some type of fast.
2. Giselle to start walking
3. Amanda and I to spend some time alone together; however we deem this to be possible, I don’t care. I would just like some time with her this week.
4. Actually blogging some more.
5. Spring and baseball!